Guided small group heritage tours.
Advance reservations are essential to avoid disappointment.
More information and reservations:
Please email your reservation request to email@example.com stating preferred date of tour and number of participants. (Please note that by emailing us your reservation request you are consenting to your Travel Contract being INTERNET based, as per Japan Travel Law). We will promptly reply to your reservation request email with a reservation receipt and link for payment.
Whilst we will take every care, Hike Hakone Hachiri accepts no liability whatsoever for any injury, loss or damage you may incur on the tour, and also whilst getting to and from it. Hike Hakone Hachiri suggests visitors arrange their own travel insurance whilst in Japan. Tour can be cancelled without notice due adverse weather or similar reasons.
For your protection our fully vaccinated guides are required to wear face-masks and regularly sanitize their hands. Restaurants visited practice appropriate customer distancing. Please note that we use scheduled local public transport in our tours (see “Sustainability Policy”), which can become crowded particularly on weekends and public holidays, so it is a good idea to wear a mask for your own protection.
Terms and Conditions Summary :
|Tour operator||Hike Hakone Hachiri 合同会社|
|Address and licence number||Kamitaga 1065-583, Atami City, Shizuoka Japan 413-0101|
Shizuoka Prefecture Governor #2-689
|Commissioned sales office||Atami branch Kamitaga 1065-583, Atami City, Shizuoka Japan 413-0101 |
tel +81 90 1292 0388
|Certified Travel Planner||EVERITT ANTHONY (can provide final explanation to Traveler on request)|
|Tour destination & departure dates||Tour itineraries:|
Hike Hakone Hachiri Tour
Walk Hakone Hachiri Tour
Daily departure but subject availability
Departure: Odawara Station 0830
Arrival: Mishima Station 1710
Guided tour throughout duration
Shopping not included in itineraries
|Pricing||USD298 per person (minimum 2 persons per tour)|
|Included||Guiding service, local public transport between Odawara and Mishima, morning tea, lunch|
|Not included||Personal expenses, souvenirs, shinkansen fare from Tokyo to Odawara to start the tour, and returning from Mishima to Tokyo at conclusion of tour|
|Please email your reservation request firstname.lastname@example.org|
|In case of adverse weather||Tour will be cancelled without penalty|
|Responsibility||Hike Hakone Hachiri will exercise all reasonable care to ensure safety of tour participants, however participants are advised to also arrange their own private travel insurance.|
|Compensation||In the unlikely event of accident or injury during the tour, compensation will be as per standard Japan Travel Agency Terms & Conditions.|
|Tour participation requirements||Hike Hakone Hachiri – ability to comfortably walk at least 12km (8 miles), sometimes over steep terrain, ie. Intermediate fitness level. Walk Hakone Hachiri – ability to comfortably walk 4km (2.5 miles) over easy terrain.|
|Transport safety||Please follow safety instructions and announcements on public trains & buses used during the tour, as interpreted by your Hike Hakone Hachiri guide.|
|Other safety||Please be adequately attired.|
|Travel Association Member||All Nippon Travel Agents Association (ANTA)|
Japan Standard Travel Agency Terms and Conditions
(excerpt translated from original Japanese by Hike Hakone Hachiri Ltd. In the event of a disparity between the Japanese original and this translation, the Japanese original shall apply)
- Agent Organized Tour Contract
This tour and its planning are implemented by Hike Hakone Hachiri Ltd (hereafter referred to as “the Company”), and Travelers who participate in this tour are required to conclude an Agent Organized Tour Contract (hereafter referred to as “the Contract”) with the Company. The contents and conditions of the Contract shall be subject to the following provisions.
2. Application for Contract
(1) A Traveler who intends to apply to the Company for the Contract needs to enter the prescribed details in an application format prescribed by the Company and submit these to the Company.
(2) The Company accepts reservations for the Contract by email.
(3) Participants under the age of 15 years must be accompanied by a parent or protector. Participants aged 15-20 years must submit a written agreement from their parents or person who has parental authority.
(4) Depending on the circumstances of the Traveler, special considerations and measures may be required that are not included in the original arrangements. Please let us know if you have any special considerations.
3. Conclusion of the Contract and Issue of Contract Documents
(1) The Contract enters into effect when the Company’s electronic acceptance notice reaches the Traveler.
(3) The Company shall issue to the traveler a document outlining the itinerary, the contents of tour services, the tour fee, and other conditions for the travel and matters concerning the responsibility of the Company (hereinafter referred to as the “Contract Document”) promptly after conclusion of the Contract. (This website forms part of the Contract Document as per Terms and Conditions of Travel Contracts). The scope of the tour services for which the Company assumes obligation to make arrangements and manage the itinerary under the Contract is as per details in the Contract Document.
(4) If, at the time of the application, it is not possible to conclude the Contract immediately due to full occupancy, full capacity, or any other reason, the Company may, with the consent of the Traveler, confirm the deadline by which the Traveler can wait in a “waiting list” and make efforts to make the reservation available. (hereafter referred to as “the Waiting Registration”). The Company shall give notice to the Traveler as soon as the reservation is completed. At this point, the Contract shall be deemed to be concluded. The Waiting List does not guarantee the completion of the reservation.
4. Payment for Tour Fee
Tour fee must be paid prior to tour commencement.
What’s included in the tour fee:
(1) Transportation fares and charges, meals, insurance, and consumption taxes as specified in the itinerary.
(2) Expenses for guide and gratuities are included.
5. Cancellation Rights of the Traveler
The Traveler may cancel the Contract at any time on payment to the Company of the cancellation fee specified below. We will deduct the cancellation fee from payment already collected. The date of cancellation below is based on the time when the traveler offers to cancel during the business hours of the Company and the Commissioned sales office (hereafter referred to as “the Company and Others”) as defined by the Travel Agency Law. Cancellation fee:
10-8 days prior to day of the tour: 20%
7-2 days prior to day of tour: 30%
Day prior to day of the tour: 40%
Day of the tour but prior to start time (8.30am Japan time): 50%
After scheduled start of the tour: 100%
The Traveler may cancel the contract without penalty prior to tour commencement under any of the following conditions:
(1) The Company makes a significant change to contract contents
(2) For safety, tour is cancelled due to adverse weather, or natural disaster, or war or civil disruption, or cancellation of specified transport etc.
(3) The Company fails to provide the Traveler with the final itinerary by the required date
(4) Delivery of the specified itinerary becomes impossible due to error by the Company
After tour commencement, if the Traveler, through no fault of their own, becomes unable to participate in part of the contracted itinerary, that part of the contract may be cancelled. In this instance, the Company will deduct all associated costs from the cancelled part of the itinerary from the refund made to the Traveler. Should the Traveler abandon the tour part-way through at their own convenience, no refund will be made.
6. Cancellation Rights of the Company
Following explanation to the Traveler, the Company may cancel the Contract prior to departure under any of the following circumstances (in which case a full refund will be made):
(1) It becomes apparent that the Traveler is not sufficiently physically fit or otherwise not of sufficient health to complete the tour.
(2) Traveler causes inconvenience to other travelers or otherwise prevents the smooth completion of the tour.
(3) Traveler makes impractical demands for tour content changes.
(4) For safety due to adverse weather, natural disaster, war or civil disruption, cancellation of specified transport etc.
The Company may seek compensation from the Traveler for any harm caused by the latter.
The Company may cancel the Contract after departure under any of the following circumstances:
(1) The Traveler is unable to complete the itinerary due to sickness.
(2) The Traveler causes harm to the guide.
(3) For safety due to adverse weather, natural disaster, war or civil disruption, cancellation of specified transport etc.
If the Company cancels the tour after departure due to any of (1)~(3) above, the Company will deduct payment for all services already consumed or committed from the refund of tour fee paid. If requested by the Traveler, the Company may make arrangement for the Traveler to return to the start point of the Tour (Odawara), all costs associated with this will be at the Traveler’s expense.
Refunds generated by cancellation prior to tour departure will be paid within 7 days from the day after the cancellation.
Refunds generated by cancellation after to tour departure will be paid within 30 days from the day after the tour’s scheduled conclusion.
Refunds will be made to the Traveler’s credit card.
8. Reservation changes
The Company will make best efforts to accommodates changes requested by the Traveler, but no guarantee is made that these can be met.
9. Tour fee effective date
Tour fee is effective as of February 1 2021.
10. The Company’s Responsibilities
(1) If due by intent or due to negligence the Company causes harm to the Traveler, and the Company receives notice to this effect from the Traveler within 2 years from the day after the harm was caused, the Traveler will be compensated as per standard Japan Travel Agent Terms & Conditions. However, in the case harm caused to the Traveler’s luggage through negligence, any such claims must be received within 14 days from the day after the harm was caused and compensation per Traveler in this instance will be limited to 150,000 yen. Only serious damage to luggage will be compensated for.
(2) If the Traveler is caused harm from adverse weather, or natural disaster, or war or civil disruption, or cancellation of specified transport, or instructions from public authorities, or for any other reasons beyond the control of the Company, no compensation will be made.
11. The Traveler’s Responsibilities
(1) The Company will seek compensation for any harm caused it by the Traveler by intent or due to negligence .
(2) The Traveler will study information provided to understand the content of the Contract.
(3) The Traveler will immediately inform the Company if delivered services differ from those specified in the Contract.
12. Itinerary Guarantee
(1) In case of substantial change to scheduled itinerary, the Company will, within 30 days of tour’s completion, compensate as per the schedule below. With the Traveler’s agreement such compensation can take the form of equivalent value products and services.
(2) Notwithstanding (1) above, no compensation will be made in the following circumstances (notwithstanding overbooking as the cause for itinerary change):
① Where itinerary change is necessary to ensure the Traveler’s safety due to adverse weather, or natural disaster, or war or civil disruption, or cancellation of specified transport, or instructions from public authorities, etc.
② Where the Contract is cancelled as per clauses 5. or 6. above.
(3) The Company shall be liable under Itinerary Guarantee for compensation to a maximum of 16% of the total value of a Contract. Where the total value of compensation per Contract is less than 1,000 yen, no compensation will be made.
(4) After payment of compensation for itinerary change, should it become apparent that the change was due to the Company’s negligence, the difference between compensation required under clause 10. above and compensation already paid as per this clause shall be paid to the Traveler.
|Schedule for Itinerary Changes Requiring Compensation||% of Contract value per change Change made prior to tour commencement||% of Contract value per change Change made after tour commencement|
|① Change to contracted tour start or finish date||1.5||3.0|
|② Changes to contracted tourism attractions, facilities (including restaurants) and destinations||1.0||2.0|
|③ Changes to contracted class of transport or facilities that result in a lower fare class||1.0||2.0|
|④ Changes to contracted transportation type or company||1.0||2.0|
|⑤ Changes to content of contracted tour title||2.5||5.0|
Note 1. “prior to tour commencement” means the Traveler is advised up until the day prior to the scheduled tour start, “after tour commencement” means from the day of scheduled tour start.
Note 2. Itinerary in the Contract supersedes any previously supplied draft itineraries. Itinerary changes for the purpose of compensation are those between the Contracted itinerary and actually supplied services.
Note 3. Regarding ④, if the change in transport provider or class is to a higher value than that Contracted, no compensation will be made.
Note 4. Where compensation is paid as per ⑤, this supersedes the requirement for compensation as per ①～④．
Note 5. Changes to date, time, or order of tour services do not constitute “Changes” for compensation purposes.
13. Responsibility for Special Compensation
(1) The Company, regardless of whether due to its own fault, will make standard compensation if the Traveler during this tour encounters an accident that causes harm to life or body. In the case of death this compensation will be 15,000,000 yen per Traveler, in the case of hospitalization 20,000~200,000 yen depending on the number of days hospitalized, in the case of requiring medical treatment for 3 days or more 10,000~50,000 yen, and for damage to personal effects a maximum of 150,000 yen per Traveler with a maximum of 100,000 yen per piece per incident.
(2) Notwithstanding 13.1 above, the Company will not compensate for any loss or damage to the following items: valuables (cash, stocks or securities, jewelry, precious metals, etc), airline tickets, coupons, passports, credit cards, licenses, bank deposit books (including ATM cash cards), important documents, data stored on devices (memory cards, DVDs, USBs, etc), contact lenses, false teeth, and other such items as outlined in the standard conditions.
(3) The Traveler must submit a compensation claim on the appropriate form.
(4) The compensation amount will be as per standard terms and conditions.
(5) The Company will not pay compensation when the Traveler has been involved in an accident resulting from their own careless intent, sickness, or illegal activities.
Tours are not lead by a 添乗員 but are accompanied by a guide.
(1) The Company will use the personal information submitted at the time of the application for the tour for the purpose of contacting the Traveler.
(2) The Company may provide you with information on products and services provided by the Company.